Faith is the Victory
“For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith” (1 John 5:4).
- In and by faith we cleave to Christ (the anointed one) in direct opposition to the world.
- Faith works in and by love to God and Christ. And that relationship compels us to withdraw from the false love of the world.
- Faith sanctifies the heart and purifies it from the sensual lust that is in the world.
- Faith receives and reserves strength from the Son of God (Jesus), for conquering the frown and flatteries of the world.
- Faith obtains by the preaching of the gospel (good news) a promise to the indwelling Spirit of grace. Which is greater than he who only dwells in the world system?
- Faith sees an invisible world at hand, with which this world is not worthy to be compared to.
Written by: Reed Robinson